02 November 2020
Hursthill reservoir technical challenges
Johannesburg Water Hursthill Reservoir is still battling to fully recover from the power failure that affected our bulk supplier Rand Water which impacted many areas in the South to a point of low pressure to no water in certain areas.
The entity is working around the clock to address the issue and our teams are on the ground checking the bulk mainline valves to see if the valves are functioning as intended. We can now confirm that there is water going into the reservoir at this moment though the water is not sufficient to feed all the affected areas supplied by this Reservoir.
At the moment only the areas such as Auckland Park, Sophiatown, Coronationville and neighbouring suburbs are affected and water tankers have been placed in the areas as an alternative water supply and we are ensuring that the hospitals in the area have sufficient water supply during this period.
Tanks have been placed on the following points:
1. Alwayn RD & babiana Street
2. Commando & main RD Revelea
3. Jukskei Drive & Wilhemina Hokins
4. Japura village cnr of Erythrin for Senior Citizen-Riverlea
5. Crown Informal Settlement
6. At BP Cnr Gordon Road & bergbron
7. Bergbron & Whiteridge
8. Brixton Policetaion( Cnr High & Mercury)
9. Crosby Clinic
10. Rahima Moosa Hospital
11. Slovo Park Informal Settlement(coronationville)
12. Kathrada Informal Settlement(Newclare)
13. Edward Street(Sophiatown)
14. No 46 Wilma Street(Montclare)
15. Riverlea Recreation Centre
16. Quellerina and Florida Glen truck will roam around in the area
17. Sophiatown Clinic and Fire Station Truck will roam around in the area
18. Hellen Joseph Hospital water tanker is there to pump water to the hospital’s tank
The entity apologises for the inconvenience this has been caused over the last few days and we would like to assure the residents that we are treating this matter with the urgency that it deserves and we will not rest until it’s resolved. There is no estimated time of completion now and we will provide updates on our social media pages throughout the day.
011 688 1577