07 July 2021
Infrastructure – Update
Johannesburg Water wishes to inform residents that our Midrand Reservoirs have made some improvements with some of the areas reporting restoration in supply.
The South Hills Tower remains under strain, as we are only able to pump into the tower once repairs have been completed. The Diepsloot and Riverside areas are also affected since yesterday as the Rand Water Brakfontein Reservoir ran empty as it is also linked to the Palmiet system.
In our quest to ensure that residents get water, we have added more tankers to the 14 trucks that are roaming as well as 10 stationery tanks. Priority will be focused on densely populated areas.
A comprehensive list of the position of the tankers and regular updates can be found on our social pages and website.
All Midrand Suburbs
– Kopanong Shopping Centre, along Riverside Road
– Ivory Park 2 Taxi rank, along 21 September.
– Yarona Shopping Centre, along Angelfish.
– Behind Mayibuye Clinic, along Theresa Road.
– BP Garage, Ruitekker Road
– Klipfontein View Taxi rank, along Nancy ndamase
– BP Garage, Le Roux and Bekker
Noordwyk/blue hills/country view
– Blue Hills Shopping Centre, along summit road.
South Hills Tower:
– Corner of Risi Avenue and Johan Meyer Street
– Corner of Michael Street and East Street
– Elizabeth Street Park
– Corner of Adelaide Avenue and Aida Street
– Corner of Diedricks avenue and Prince Albert Street (or in Prince Albert Street Park)
Roaming Water tankers
– Ext 01 Taxi Rank
– Ext 6 next to Combine school
– Ext 09 next to Bambanani mall
– Ext 13 sports ground
– Ext 2 Mashaplana Skwatta kemp
– Ext 06 sports ground
– Ext 7 next to Magogo Tarven.
– Ext 5 taxi rank
– Ext 10 next to Diepsloot Mall
– Ext 4 Sarafina Park.
Roaming Water tankers:
– Yellowwood Boulevard
– Chamomile Street
– Cypress Street
– Orchard and Bay Streets
– Blue Crane Street
– Chestnut Street
We wish to apologise to customers for the inconvenience caused.