03 March 2021
Rand Water Meredale and Waterval reservoirs critically low
After the unsuccessful G23/Q2 Shutdown that was carried out over the weekend, Rand Water recommissioned its infrastructure in order to restore water supply. During the recommissioning process, an Air Valve on the Q2 pipeline failed and caused a major water leak in Naturena that required to be repaired.
The Rand Water Eikenhof Pump station required to be decommissioned in order to repair the faulty air valve. This repair work has now been completed and the recommissioning process has begun.
As a result, the Meredale and Waterval reservoirs are now at critically low levels. This will affect supply to some of our reservoirs and towers.
Eikenhof is now pumping at maximum flow, however we have not started seeing an improvement in our system.
Residents can get updated information from our social media platforms.
SUBURBS THAT MAY BE AFFECTED
Bergbron, Claremont, Delarey, Whiteridge, Roodekrans (all ext), Wilropark (all ext), Helderkruin (all ext), Constantia Kloof (all ext), Allens Nek (all ext), Weltevreden (all ext), Florida Hills, Florida North, Discovery (all ext), Selwyn, Florida Township, Horison, Horison View, Roodepoort North, Florida Park (all ext), Constantia Park, Honeydew (all ext), Zandspruit, Laserpark, Randparkridge, Cosmo City, Lanseria, Thabo Mbeki Informal settlement, Olivedale, Sundowner, Northwold, Boskruin, Bromhof, Kya Sands, Bloubosrand, Eagle Canyon, Honeydew View, Poortview, Ruimsig, Wilgeheuwel, Princess, Grobler Park (all ext), Lindhaven, Little Falls, Harveston, Honeydew (all ext), parts of Northriding
Langlaagte/ Southdale area:
Mondeor, Southgate, Meredale, Alan Manor, Eagles Nest, Southfork, Kibler Heights, Eikenhof, Lougherin A.H, Coronationville,Westbury, Claremont, Triomf, Westdene, Newlands, Greymont, Albertskroon, Albertsville, Langlaagte, Industria, Bosmont, Riverlea, Longdale, Vrededorp, Fordsburg, Brixton, Mayfair, Cottesloe, Janhofmeyer, Rossmore, Hursthill, Montclare, Melville, Emmerentia, Auckland Park, Greenside, Westcliff, Parkview, Fairlands, Berario, Northcliff (all ext)
Pimville, Power Park, Diepkloof, Orlando East, Orlando West, Dobsonville, Naturena Klipspruit ,Meadowlands, Comptonville, Meredale, Moroka, Jabavu, Molapo,Jabulani, Tladi, Moletsane, Mofolo South, Mapetla, Zola, Zondi, Naledi and all extensions, Emdeni, Mofolo north, Mofolo central, parts of Dube, Chiavelo and extensions, Protea North, Protea South, Dhlamini and extensions, Eldoradopark and all extensions, Klipspruit west and Klipspruit
Wilgeheuwel, Flora Clinic, Olivedale, Helen Joseph, Crescent Clinic, Garden City, Rahima Moosa, Baragwanath , Tshepo Themba, Lesedi Clinic
Please note that the tanks placed over the weekend are still onsite and have been refilled.
Water tanks are at the following points:
1. Alwayn RD & Babiana Street
2. Commando & main RD Revelea
3. Jukskei Drive & Wilhemina Hokins
4. Japura village cnr of Erythrin for Senior Citizen-Riverlea
5. Crown Informal Settlement
6. At BP Cnr Gordon Road & bergbron
7. Bergbron & Whiteridge
8. Brixton Policetaion( Cnr High & Mercury)
9. Crosby Clinic
10. Rahima Moosa Hospital
11. Slovo Park Informal Settlement(coronationville)
12. Kathrada Informal Settlement(Newclare)
13. Edward Street(Sophiatown)
14. No 46 Wilma Street(Montclare)
15. Riverlea Recreation Centre
16. Quellerina and Florida Glen truck will roam around in the area
17. Sophiatown Clinic and Fire Station Truck will roam around in the area
18. Hellen Joseph Hospital water tanker is there to pump water to the hospital.
19. Cnr Mimosa and Willow Road
20. Cnr Taibos & Accacia Road
21. Cnr Weltevreden and Shaka Road
22. Cnr Golf Glub Terrace and Joachim van Pletzen – Constantia Kloof
23. Bertha ave – Florida Noord
24. Bruno street – Florida Noord
25. Louanna street – Constantia Kloof
26 Okkerneut – Constantia Kloof
Residents can get more information about the interruption on our social media pages.
For media inquiries:
Officer: External Communications