Rand Water shutdown
The Rand Water shutdown which was meant to replace the 800mm main valve and bypass valve on the cross connection of the G23 and Q2 pipelines was not successful. This is due to the faulty main isolating valve at the Eikenhof pump station that could not seal properly in order for the valves to be replaced.
Rand Water was able to complete repairs and started pumping water yesterday afternoon. Currently most of the Johannesburg Water reservoirs that were affected have recovered. Florida tower, Waterval Tower and Constantia tower are still empty but we anticipate that water will start getting restored to the affected areas throughout the day as the system recovers.
Please note that the tanks placed over the weekend are still onsite and have been refilled.
Water tanks are at the following points:
- Alwayn RD & Babiana Street
- Commando & main RD Revelea
- Jukskei Drive & Wilhemina Hokins
- Japura village cnr of Erythrin for Senior Citizen-Riverlea
- Crown Informal Settlement
- At BP Cnr Gordon Road & bergbron
- Bergbron & Whiteridge
- Brixton Policetaion( Cnr High & Mercury)
- Crosby Clinic
- Rahima Moosa Hospital
- Slovo Park Informal Settlement(coronationville)
- Kathrada Informal Settlement(Newclare)
- Edward Street(Sophiatown)
- No 46 Wilma Street(Montclare)
- Riverlea Recreation Centre
- Quellerina and Florida Glen truck will roam around in the area
- Sophiatown Clinic and Fire Station Truck will roam around in the area
- Hellen Joseph Hospital water tanker is there to pump water to the hospital.
- Cnr Mimosa and Willow Road
- Cnr Taibos & Accacia Road
- Cnr Weltevreden and Shaka Road
- Cnr Golf Glub Terrace and Joachim van Pletzen – Constantia Kloof
- Bertha ave – Florida Noord
- Bruno street – Florida Noord
- Louanna street – Constantia Kloof
26. Okkerneut – Constantia Kloof
Residents can get more information about the interruption on our social media pages.
For media inquiries:
Officer: External Communications