Load shedding affects water supply
22 October 2020
UPDATE: POWER OUTAGE AFFECTS WATER SUPPLY IN HURSTHILL AREA OF SUPPLY
Some parts of Johannesburg that are getting a feed from our Hursthill reservoir are still undergoing water shortages as a result of the power outage experienced by our bulk water supplier Rand Water.
The power supply was restored in the evening last night and all our reservoirs and towers affected are still at the recovery stage.
Although the majority of the low lying areas are currently receiving supply, many high lying areas such as Sophiatown, Auckland Park, Coronationville and the surrounding areas are still battling as we are experiencing high water demand, and we appeal to residents to use water sparingly to allow the system to recover fully.
We have in the meantime placed water tankers at the below points and are supplementing with roaming trucks to minimise the impact.
- Alwayn RD and Babiana Street
- Commando and Main Road Revelea
- Jukskei Drive and Wilhemina Hokins
- Japura village cnr of Erythrin for Senior Citizen-Riverlea
- Crown Informal Settlement
- BP garage Cnr Gordon Road and Bergbron
- Bergbron & Whiteridge
- Brixton Police station ( Cnr High & Mercury)
- Crosby Clinic
- Rahima Moosa Hospital
- Slovo Park Informal Settlement (Coronationville)
- Kathrada Informal Settlement (Newclare)
- Edward Street (Sophiatown)
- No 46 Wilma Street(Montclare)
- Riverlea Recreation Centre
- Quellerina and Florida Glen truck will roam around in the area
- Sophiatown Clinic and Fire Station, truck will roam around in the area
- Helen Joseph Hospital, water tanker is there to pump water to the hospital’s tank
We apologise for the inconvenience caused. Residents are urged to use water sparingly and progress information about the outage will be available on our social media pages.
For media inquiries:
Manager: Communications and Marketing
Tel: 011 688 1577